Friday 3 February 2012

1971 Topps Variations: Coins Checklist #161

This might be the most boring baseball card post ever, but the completist in me forces me to do such things. Another 1971 checklist variation, nothing as exciting as vaguely different helmet colors (or colours for the OPC crowd). Here we just have the number being placed in a different spot, and nothing as exciting as bottom right corner compared to bottom center, one is just slightly higher than the other. One version features the top of the number 161 even with Mickey Lolich and the other the top of the number is even with Tim McCarver. Both are readily available, and the difference is not noted by any grading service I know of. Nothing groundbreaking, but if I am going to document all the variations, I have to do the boring ones. This card was so boring that OPC excluded it and just put a second card of Ron Hunt in it's place. The Oh My O-Pee-Chee blog does a good job of explaining the actual reason here, linky.


Lower 161
Higher 161

No comments:

Post a Comment