Tuesday 25 April 2017

Señor McLinton

A one card mailday, but a pretty cool one. A 1977 Topps Mexican Harold McLinton, from a team set that I have been working on, off and on, for a long time. It's a little off-center, but in good shape and while not one of the "Dirty Dozen", it is still one of the harder cards in the set to come by. I hope to get this one to PSA, my dream is to PSA the whole team set, and hopefully there will be an update on that soon.

McLinton himself played for the Redskins from 1969-1978, and was named one the teams 70 Greatest Players in 2002. He died tragically in 1980. 

1 comment:

  1. Cool card. I remember him and his tragic death. He was a favorite from those years as were many of the Skins from the 1970s and 80s for me. I wonder if the Skins could get away with officially changing their name to "Pieles Rojas" if the PC Change the Name because it is racist crowd would notice?

    ReplyDelete