Monday 10 February 2020

Team Collector Dilemma (Read the Fine Print)


One card mail-day from late night browsing for cheap cards for Canadian sellers on everyone's favorite online auction site lead to this. Joe Colborne never did play a regular season NHL game for the the Bruins, but being a 16th overall pick did get him a few cards. I thought this Manu-Patch auto was slightly better than a sticker auto, but upon receiving and scanning something caught my eye.


So despite a Bruins Jersey, a Bruins hat, and printed Bruins Logo and a Manu-Patch of a Bruins logo, this little added text sneaks in there to as the ultimate frustration for a team collector. What to do now? Try and ignore that cursed little all-caps blurb "TRADE TO MAPLE LEAFS" and call it a Bruins card? That won't happen, it's there. I know it's there. I will whisper to me in the night "I am not a Bruins card". So Joe Colborne, from "needed" to "in-transit" to "have", back to "needed". The team collectors dilemma.

2 comments:

  1. Nah, keep it. If the B's drafted him, then he was a Bruin long enough to put on the hat and jersey and sign the card. It's got the colors and the logo, so it's a Boston card. So what, he moved on. If you got rid of all the cards of guys that moved on, you'd only have the present 25 guys.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol. I guess having poor short term memory turns out to be a blessing. If I was in your shoes, I'd just sit and stare at the front of the card and be happy.

    ReplyDelete