Monday 31 July 2017

White Whale Landed

As I get older, my tastes are getting more expensive, I feel like I have broken my personal record for most spent on a single card a few times this year, and this one broke the record again. I was down to Eddie Brown, one of the Dirty Dozen, as the last player in needed for the 1977 Mexican Redskins team set (still need the checklist and the Mark Moseley leaders card), so it was time to pull the trigger. There just comes a point where you say to yourself, "Hey, I'm and adult, I have a good job, if I want to spend around $200 on a football card, I can"

1 comment:

  1. Awesome pickup! I think I own 16 of the 24 Browns (CAFES) from this set (including some sitting in my COMC inventory). However two of my missing cards are short prints like your Eddie Brown. Sad to see your checklist is a SP as well. I'm sure they won't be cheap.

    I'm sure you've noticed there is an auction going on from Mexico for the Moseley leaders card. The same seller has a Browns lot that has two of the cards I need.

    ReplyDelete