Monday 15 October 2018

RLC Custom Card Project: Jim Czajkowski

The Player: I am still shocked I found a picture of Jim Czajkowski with the Rockies just recently after looking off and on for years (yes the project has been going on for at least 8 years off and on and in several different forms). He is kind of the embodiment of the project, a journey-man reliever, veteran of 558 minor league games over 12 seasons with 6 different organizations, makes his MLB debut at ager 30, pitching in 5 games with the 1994 Rockies, then back to the minors. Not a resume that get a lot of cardboard love. The weird thing is I actually, and kind of accidentally,  have a real card of his, as a pitching coach for the Vancouver Canadians from a team set I bought at a game there in 2013.

The Card: I am almost scared to admit it, but I was never in love with 1975 Topps, it just seemed a little over the top for me, but after spending some time on the custom, the design grew on me, purple and green just kind of work somehow. I can't say I will rush out to build the 1975 set, but will say I am very happy with how this custom came out.

The Project: Rockies Legacy Collection custom project to make digital cards of Rockies players who never had one issued.

No comments:

Post a Comment