Thursday 14 June 2018

Sportlots Box Canadian Review Part 1



As a Canadian, I am always looking for better ways to buy cards, or anything online for that matter. Shipping rates have become crazy high, and now two of my trade packages have been lost in the mail so far this year alone, after only losing one since I started trading in 2012. So when Sportlots added their "Sportlot box" feature I was intrigued. I have always loved the sheer number of cards that are available there, but also hated the difficultly of browsing to fill up an order with cards from the same seller. The Sportlots Box, which seems like a cross between basic COMC and the COMC mailbox system, looks to help reduce this problem, or at least make it more reasonable to make smaller orders. So I loaded up my card and made an order, half as an experiment, and half to just get some cards that I can not find anywhere else. Below are the 10 I picked, from 9 different sellers (The top row counts shipping for two cards and accounts for the second row, allowing that value to be zero). Normally this would have cost $36.35 in shipping, with the one seller asking $10.50 for a single card as the outlier. With the Sportlots Box, my shipping was $5.57, or a full $30 cheaper.


This was just stage one, the cards still need to get to Sportlots, then on to myself, which will cost something obviously. I will continue to make update posts along the process, partly to document it, and partly in case anyone else cares to see how this all works. Thanks for reading and stay tuned.

4 comments:

  1. I really curious what it is going to cost to send them along from Sportlots HQ, and am hesitant to order quite yet. Thanks for guinea pigging!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I read about this new feature and sounds like the way to go if you don't mind waiting a little bit longer. Thanks for testing it out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rather..... Interesting..... Way of doing things.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Interesting. Off to Sportlots to read more about this Sportlot box thing.

    ReplyDelete