Wednesday 11 January 2012

2011 Topps Allen & Ginter 32 Dirk Hayhurst (or Reasons I Hate Allen & Ginter)

So I was reading "The Bullpen Dairies" and I thought to myself "Self, I wonder if Dirk Hayhurst has any baseball cards". So a quick trip to comc.com later and I discover this thing. I usually just buy the Rockies team set of Ginter to avoid opening packs full of Supernanny, Guy Feiri and endangered animal cards, but here we have a card of an actual baseball player dressed up as a "garfoose". Not only that, but a quick search on Beckett.com and I discover there are 16 different versions of this cards with all the mini's and printing plates and code cards and glossy factory sets. Do we really need a 1 of 1 mini wood card of this, and who seriously collects things like that. I appreciate cards with a sense of humor but this is too much for me, I collect baseball cards because I like baseball, not for zany wacky costumes rejected from a children's show. I am sure 2012 Ginter will be full of figure skaters, weight lifters, tv chefs and yo-yo champions again with endless parallels, further beating the corpse of the gimmicky dead horse that is Allen & Ginter.

No comments:

Post a Comment