Friday 31 May 2013

Tomas Kaberle: Bruins Stanley Cup Custom TTM Auto Success

One of my goals for this year was to get a Through The Mail autograph. My most obvious choice was to try Tomas Kaberle as I needed his auto for the 2011 Stanley Cup team project and he was currently with Montreal so I could use Canadian postage for the SASE. So after sneaking into the post office so nobody would see this die-hard lifelong Bruins fan mailing something to 1909 avenue des Canadiens-de-Montréal, the wait began. I had honestly forgot about this as it was mailed on January 24th, the Habs season had ended on May 9th, and Kaberle had lots of spare time only dressing for 10 games and none in the playoffs, but to my surprise the envelope I mailed away turned up in my PO box with the card inside and signed. Kaberle's lack of Bruins cards led me to try printing out a custom based on 1987 O-Pee-Chee baseball and it turn out pretty well, the scan is very light and the auto looks much better in real life with a thick black signature.Now to figure how to do TTM from Canada to the USA.

No comments:

Post a Comment