Saturday 30 September 2017

Not Your Regular Rookie Card Mailday


Near the top of the list of sets I will probably never finish is 2014 Upper Deck CFL. I finished the base and the 100-150 sport prints, but the 151-180 Rookies falling at 6 per box have been hard to find for a reasonable price. A recent online lot of 9 cards checked 4 off my list (I thought I needed more of them, but my collection is still in a post-zistle, office reno mess). The most interesting is the Chad Johnson, a 36 year old Rookie and veteran of 11 NFL seasons, Johnson played in 5 games, caught 7 passes including a touchdown, while struggling with injuries and not being a star anymore.




Kenny Stafford has bounced around the CFL after spending time on several NFL practice squads and the Arena League.


Anthony Coombs, former Manitoba Bison and actual Canadian.


Jerrell Gavins, a member of the 2016 Grey Cup Champs, a 2015 CFL All-Star and former member of the Tampa Bay Storm.


Pat White who only lasted one season as a back-up. I only really remember him with the Redskins in the pre-season.


This one was a double, but I never pass up the chance to show a kicker card. Lirim Hajrullahu, probably the only football card I have of a guy born in Kosovo.

1 comment:

  1. It seems odd how tough these are to come and the secondary prices on them. I still need the White and Steve Slaton cards for my Mountaineer collection.

    ReplyDelete