Thursday 21 April 2022

Hey, I'm Still here.. And I bought some stuff

Contrary to the lack of action here, I do still collect cards (and not just post digital customs). I haven't opened any wax in a loong time, but here are a few pick-ups worth posting. Starting with a card I didn't know existed until recently, Wade Redden played in over 1,000 career NHL games, his final 6 being with the Bruins, along with 5 playoff games. Panini must have had some extra cloth to use up, so here is his only card with Boston. Being 10 years old and limited to 25, I never expected to find one, but when one popped up with an $8.00 BIN, I couldn't click fast enough. So here it is, from Sweden of all places, now in my Bruins PC.


Different package, same time-frame, a couple small Sportlots orders, with a Black Back parallel Sean Taylor Heritage. New to me Sean Taylor cards for 18 cents, yes please. Shane Matthews joins the weird Redskins QB section of the Washington binder.


Also some weird Rockies, the last card needed for my Angel Echevarria 1997 Leaf rainbow, and a Bobby Jones that is just a base card, but has been on my wantlist for years.


I bleed Black & Gold, but being a young kid at the time, I was caught up in the excitement of the expansion San Jose Sharks. A little has stayed with me in the form of a Sharks Goalies PC. The Niemi was a big target here as these parallels are hard to find and sometimes expensive and the Belfour came along for the ride.

1 comment:

  1. If you email me your mailing address, I'll send you a few Sharks goalies.

    ReplyDelete