Tuesday 24 January 2012

Book Review "As They See 'Em"

Something a little different here, a book review, if you don't feel like reading this whole post I will sum it up here. This book exists, I enjoyed reading it, you should read it too.

This book isn't new, but if you haven't read it yet, I suggest picking up a copy. The author, Bruce Weber, starts off going to one of the two MLB umpire schools. The book then follows him around various levels of baseball, experiencing the life of an umpire. Far from glamorous with little to no recognition for doing a good job and having your mistakes pointed out by having grown men yell in your face. If you have ever watched a baseball and swore at an umpire, you should read this book. I found the book to be both interesting and entertaining, and felt like I knew more about baseball as a game and a business after finishing it.

No comments:

Post a Comment