Monday 6 January 2014

My Top Acquisitions of 2013

A quick post just showing of some of my favorite pick-ups of 2013, I don't bust a ton of wax so only one was a pulled by me.


9. John Buck 2005 Absolute Memorabilia - Possibly the ultimate catching relic card.


8. Johnny Bucyk 2012-2013 Classics Signatures Autograph - Great card design and a on-card Auto of a Bruins great, Stanley Cup winner and Hall of Famer
 
7. Torii Hunter 2013 Gypsy Queen Yellow Plate - The only personal pack pull on the list, the first Printing Plate I have ever pulled.

6. Matt Holliday 2007 Exquisite Collection Rookie Signatures - Low number Auto with a really nice photo showing the Coors Field scoreboard in the background.

5. Tomas Kaberle Custom - My first TTM success, kinda cool to see an on-card auto on a card that I made.
4 Will Swanner Bowman Black Collection - Another on-card auto, there will be more of these black bordered beauties to show off in the new year.

3. Carlton Fisk 2002 Topps Archives Reserve Bat Relic - The 1977 Carlton Fisk is one of my favorite cards of the 1970's, and adding a reprint of it to my catcher bat relics collection is pretty awesome.
2. Johnny Bench 2013 Gypsy Queen Bat Relic - Another one for the catcher bat relic collection, from my favorite set of 2013.
1. Ramon Hernandez 2013 Topps Platinum Parallel - The only 1/1 in my collection, there have been a lot of parallels of this card featured here in 2013, but this one is by far my favorite.

3 comments:

  1. Nice pick ups. I love that John Buck relic card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Certainly a great bunch of cards. I'm a Blackhawks fan but the early 70's Bruins were awesome. I have a collection of signed cards myself, minus Orr. The Fisk is a beauty and your TTM wins on multiple counts. Nice!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooooohhhhh, need one of those John Buck cards! And the Fisk!

    ReplyDelete