Tuesday 16 January 2018

2017 Revolution 2 Box Results.


My Basketball itch continues to be scratched, after opening some Revolution from Black Friday, could not resist picking up this years offering. A fun product, a little over the top, maybe not as bad as Unparalleled football, on-card autos and a strong rookie class all sold me on this. Also finding a Canadian distro with good prices and shipping in http://www.cloutsnchara.com was also a win.




I couldn't find the odds on autograph cards, but I am pretty sure that two for two is very good luck. I was happy to get one, but was shocked when the second box had one as well. Very nice cards, and everything in the product is on card, big thumbs up for that.

I didn't scan any base other than these base rookies, my only King in Bogdan Bogdanovic and Malik Monk showing off the team colors that are very prominent here. 

Like the last two years of the product, parallels are the star, above are "Astro" with shiny stars featuring my favorite un-official nickname of the rookie class Frankie Smokes.

New for this year are Groove, which quickly became a favorite of mine.

and the more rare ones being Impact, Cosmic and Fractal

The biggest improvement for me over the past years are the inserts, these Vortex are very nice, and the Impact parallels are even better. 

I am also a big fan of the Revolutionaries inserts. I don't usually chase insert sets in any product, but these two I would think about.


I only got one of these liftoff parallels, it's fine, but I rarely get excited over die-cut cards.

My two lowest numbered cards, a Cubic Rookie Revolution of Zach Collins out of 50 and a Sunburst of Jordan Bell out of 75.

Finally some base inserts including my first Lonzo Ball card.

4 comments:

  1. Wow, those were some great boxes! Not only did you get two autos, but you were able to avoid getting any of the dreaded no-name rookies, and instead got two autos of players that are actually relevant (at least for the moment). And those Revolutionaries inserts are really great, certainly can't complain about the two you got.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven’t looked at the checklist but those are two fantastic autos!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, talk about a colorful product. I love the crazy card designs. Just another reason why I wish Panini had an MLB license...

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a trip. Killer pair of autos, & the die-cut is super cool.

    ReplyDelete