Tuesday 19 March 2019

A Couple Football Trades


A couple smaller trades merged into one post. The obvious highlight is the above, I am thrilled any time I can add a new Sean Taylor in a trade, this is the Topps Collection gold foil version that I believe was released as a complete factory set.





Along for the ride is Ray Nitschke from the beautiful 1997 Upper Deck Legends set and Jabar Gaffney who lead the Redskins in Receptions and Yards in his only year with the team.


Trade number two delivers the first Vernon Davis to my collection, this one being a red parallel of an insert, as I mentioned with 2018 Topps Update, I don't think parallels of inserts really need to be a thing.



The other three being part of a new Football Frankenset project, Ha Ha Clinton-Dix from 2018 Panini Flagship, which I really like the design, a rare modern Punter and Shaquem Griffin, an inspiring story that is pretty well known by now.

3 comments:

  1. Damn I miss me some Sean Taylor. Sweet rookie card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is why I shouldn't comment on blogs at work-accidentally made an insensitive remark about Griffin. I should have said: Nice Nitschke! I've been trying to add a Shaqeem Griffin card to my collection but I haven't acquired one yet. Hopefully soon. I probably have some Rox & Skins I can trade you, and I'd like to know more about this Frankenset. Perhaps I can help you there.

      Delete