Wednesday 28 November 2012

2006 Rockies Topps #COL13: Jose Mesa

A one card mail-day of a card that I have not seen until it arrived in my mail box. I had written off Jose Mesa from the "One of Every Rockie" collection as the only "Rockies" cards I had seen of him had him in a Pirates uniform, the 2006 Topps, 2006 Upper Deck and the 2006 Konami from Japan all show him as a Pirate. On a whim I ordered this card from the Rockies team issued set on the off chance it was a photoshop, and to my surprise, it actually was. I usually don't get to excited by a questionable photoshop job, but this counts as a new Rockies card that I never knew existed, and for collector of obscure players from not heavily collected team, this is pretty cool.







1 comment:

  1. Awesome. I hadn't seen that one yet. I still consider the others "Rockies cards," but it nice to see at least one in uniform.

    ReplyDelete