Tuesday 8 February 2022

RLC Custom Card Project: Matt McBride

Matt McBride had a pretty forgettable Rockies career, other than that he was the last remaining player from the Ubaldo Jimenez trade, not that was really that impressive unfortunately. In three seasons from 2012-2015 (he spent all of 2013 in the minors) he batted .199 with 4 home runs and 19 RBI. He also walked 3 times against 33 strikeouts. In 2015 his OPS+ was -8, that's right, negative 8. He did hit a Grand Slam once, so there is that. He hung around with the A's for a while in 2016, but that would be his last MLB stop.

The card: 2016 is one of my favorite Stadium Club designs, and I though this was a very Stadium Club image. One change I did make was tucking the text over to the corner, which for some reason Topps did on the horizontal cards, but not on the vertical ones.

Link to Project

1 comment:

  1. Always sad when I read about a player who spent time with the A's and I don't recognize them. I really need to follow my favorite team more closely.

    ReplyDelete