Tuesday 13 March 2012

Needed Nine (Want List Updated)

With my recent Sportlots.com orders my most wanted list has changed, I have updated the original post to reflect what I now have and have come up with a few more to add to the list

Acquired August 2012

Ed Bahr 1984 TCMA Playball 1946 #40
I know very little about this set, but it features the only card of Ed Bahr. I think the scan shows the mini version of the set. Bahr was born in Rouleau, Saskatchewan, home of the filming for the show "Corner Gas". He is one of six players to be born in Saskatchewan and make the major leagues, pitching in 46 games over the 1946 and 47 seasons. He did serve in the U.S. military so it doesn't look like his family stayed in Canada long after he was born.



Acquired January 2013

Adam Melhuse 2002 Upper Deck #458
One of the last Rockies catchers I need a card of. I think this is his only Rockies card that shows him as a catcher. Melhuse played with the Rockies in 2001 and 2001, then rejoined the team in 2008 for 7 games.



Acquired January 2013

Curtis Goodwin 1999 Pacific #145
Another obscure late 90's Colorado Rockie, Goodwin played in 119 games for Colorado in 1998, but only started 33, I really like the Pacific sets for making cards of guys that would not usually get cards like this.







Acquired April 2012
James "Jumpy" Geathers 1993 Score Football #378

I think this is the last of the Super Bowl era Redskins cards I need, I think I have all the 1993 Score Redskins but this one. I think Geathers might be on a Redskins card in 1992 Pro-Set, but I am not sure.






Acquired July 2012

2003 Fleer Tradition Update Matt Miller #369
I can't even find a scan of this card on the net so I'm not even entirely sure he is in a Rockies uniform on this card, but Beckett lists it as a Rockies card and the year is right. Miller would pitch in 4 games with the Rockies in 2003, then spend 4 seasons in the Cleveland Indians bullpen, pitching in 96 games for them. Not to be confused with Matt Miller the outfielder who played in the Rockies system from 2004-2010 and has a card in 2007 Bowman Heritage.


No comments:

Post a Comment