Monday 23 July 2012

1971 Topps Variations?: Denny Lemaster #636

In researching for this '71 variations project I have come across a lot of conflicting views on variations vs. print errors. The reason for starting this project was to gather information and make it available in one place for people to check out and make their own decisions on what is a valid variation. The 1971 Denny Lemaster would most likely be a print error, but I thought I would include it here as some are listing in as a variation and there is not a lot of information is out there. The difference between the two is on the back photo. There are versions with a black blob or splotch on his left cheek and versions without. On COMC right now 5 of the 8 cards listed do not have the blob. I have yet to see the back of the O-Pee-Chee version so I have no idea about that.





Splotch Version
Splotch Free Version

No comments:

Post a Comment